kevinz92702

Jul 11, 2021
Sedalia, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone, last year I installed a used Harris 3HP variable speed pump for my 16x32 inground. It always had a little leak when the RPMS were turned up where the plastic flange that holds the pump bolts to the body. I tried tightening the bolts, but they did not move and I didn't want to crack something so I stopped. I'm guessing there are o rings and/or seals in there that can be replaced. However, I am not having any luck finding them. Has anyone else had to do this and knows what to get? Perhaps I can pull them out and find replacements at a hardware store or something? Thank you!

You say Harris pump, but list a Richardson Industries EZ flow pump in your signature. Post the actual Make and Model of the pump. Post pictures of ALL the labels on the pump, and we likely can help you out.

You say Harris pump, but list a Richardson Industries EZ flow pump in your signature. Post the actual Make and Model of the pump. Post pictures of ALL the labels on the pump, and we likely can help you out.
Sorry, I need to update my info as that's the old pump that's now relegated to winterizing pump down duties.
The Harris pump in question is a model 72525 ProForce VS 3HP inground pool pump. No other labels or info is on the pump. Here is a link to the pump on Doheny's

Yikes. My search and Doheny's site don't bode well for "go kits" (which are a collection of all the seals for the pump)...

View attachment 495949
Nope, I wish they would have some kind of kit for repair but they don't. Just didn't know if someone else had run into this and had some numbers or info. It's leaking worse now than last year, so I guess at this point all I can do is pull the motor off and see what's in there.
I'd love to replace it with a Pentair or Hayward, something I can easily get parts for and that has a much better user interface, but we all have a budget and a new pump isn't in mine. Plus this one works just fine, aside from the leak

I'd love to replace it with a Pentair or Hayward, something I can easily get parts for and that has a much better user interface, but we all have a budget and a new pump isn't in mine. Plus this one works just fine, aside from the leak
It may be hard to do with a large o-rings, but there are o-ring standards. If you have a GOOD calipers and are careful, you may be able to figure out and order what is necessary to rebuild. May take some accuracy and patience....

Nope, I wish they would have some kind of kit for repair but they don't. Just didn't know if someone else had run into this and had some numbers or info. It's leaking worse now than last year, so I guess at this point all I can do is pull the motor off and see what's in there.
Pump looks very much like a combination of a Hayward Super Pump and Max Flo. If so, the seal between the two part is actually called a gasket and it looks like a rubber band that fits into a slot on the front portion of the pump. Wouldn't hurt to remove the 4 bolts and look. If so, Doheny's has a GO kit,:
See my next post. Further research.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PoolStored
It may be hard to do with a large o-rings, but there are o-ring standards. If you have a GOOD calipers and are careful, you may be able to figure out and order what is necessary to rebuild. May take some accuracy and patience....

Did more research because it was interesting. Look at the picture of the Hayward Super Pump below and compare it with the Harris, very slight differences. It would take GO Kit-3 for a Super Pump. Both Hayward and Waterway have been making their wet-ends available to other companies without their name on them for years. Advantage Electric, a motor repair business, sold pumps with the same wet-end as the Harris many years ago.
shopping
15900-a-sq_1.jpg

Reactions: PoolStored
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.