Hard concrete corners - any ways to make safer?

lhlsea

Bronze Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Seattle, WA
Our pool shape has me worried that our kids (or more likely their friends) are going to hit their head on these sharp corners (see photo, and there are two more at the deep end).

Any suggestions for how to make them safer somehow? I am less concerned about aesthetics at the moment, so wonder if there’s something that I could use to create a rounder shape somehow or attach something softer to the corner.

Thanks for any ideas!

aebcb7fb70c4e22af24ea965263ddcc7.jpg

Concrete is hard when a head hits it no matter what shape is the corner.

First of all I would say you are being overly protective and kids are suprisingly resiliant. The biggest risk with concrete decks seems to be skinned knees.

However in the spirit of being helpful I can imagine forming some bumpers on the corners and edges using closed cell foam and gluing them on with construction adhesive. Issue will be how long they will last under the suns UV rays. You may have to replace it fairly frequently.

Or helmets???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.