Halogen light to lED?

Sep 11, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I have 2 lights in my pool both are the halogen bulbs

The one in my spa lasted only about a year?? Seems like a short life span

I did change the gasket and made sure not to touch the bulb with my bare hand (used gloves to put it in)

Is there an option to replace this easily with an LED ( I would not mind changing the fixture) it would be nice to even have a color changing bulb

I have 1 in the pool also

Any recommendations?

In order to find the LED replacement bulb you need to know the wattage, bulb size, and voltage of what you are trying to replace. There are LED options for most of the common pool fixture bulbs now.

Hi Newton4Mark,

That is good to know that you are not opposed to upgrading the complete fixture, since a halogen bulb cannot be upgraded with an LED bulb as the bases are different. My suggestion is the PureLine PureColors LED Color Changing Light Fixture.

The reason I like the PureColors is because the light uses a screw in LED Bulb and not an Integrated LED PCB Board. The benefit to this is that if the bulb ever goes bad then you are looking at an easy bulb replacement at around $150 Vs. a more time consuming complete light fixture change at $500. Also the price point on the PureColors is great!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.