Had to MacGyver my own spa jet (And how you can too)

snewo

Jun 7, 2009
An hour NW of Philly
I have a hot tub attached to my pool and it has 6 returns. In those 6 returns there are 6 eyeballs but I always felt that was boring. Please tell me I'm not the only person that finds that boring. The only "cool" return I could find was a Waterways rotating eyelet, but when I tried to buy them they were all out of stock and, after talking to the manufacturer, I found out the part is being discontinued.

I finally found a spa place near me so that I could go in and look at their products to see if I could MacGyver something and I found a way. If any of you are interested, here are the steps:
1. Buy 6 jets like this
plucs2298061s-0004027-550.jpg
2. You will see that the white part clips over the black part. I was unable to cleanly remove the white part by pressing in the black tab. I ended up breaking the white part so that I could get at what was underneath. I did not use the white part.
3. I used a metal file to file down the any raised parts of the black part. When I was done, I had a smooth black piece. Contained in the black part is a rotating eyelet that has a plastic bearing that is the same diameter as the black piece. I used black electrical tape to attach the 2. I went around one time only.
4. The new part now fits perfectly into the return pipes in the hot tub and I declare it kinda cool!

Enjoy!

Reactions: Poolbreh
You have any before and after pics of how the hot tub looks with the new spa jets?

You have any before and after pics of how the hot tub looks with the new spa jets?
I don't really have any, but I can report that the surface doesn't really show much of anything without me turning the air blower on. The difference is more when you're in the hot tub. My jets have always had different strengths, but now I get a little massage from a few versus a jet of hot water only. If I block off one of the returns then things really kick in.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.