Gunite Spa Seat Shaping/Contouring

d_red1

Jul 21, 2016
Keller, TX
Reading through many new pool and spa build threads and it seems that someone inevitably asks the question; "have you ever sat in a gunite spa, they are not that comfortable" or something to that affect. I naturally take this to mean that the seat/bench is not as comfortable as a plastic molded spa. So I was wondering, has anybody had their pool builder contour their spa seats into a more comfortable shape other than the standard right angle bench? If so, how did they it out? Can you share some pics?

Bonus questions: How many jets did you install and at what heights and locations?

Its not uncommon to have angled back rests, foot supports and rolled bond beams. There really is no limit to what is possible.

I don't like how quickly attached spas are shot down on this forum - they are 100% customizable.

I'll dig around for a picture but I built a spa for a very picky lady. I had her put on a tyvek suit and lay in the wet plaster in the spa so we could contour it to her body.

The bottom line is you can get whatever you ask and are willing to pay for.

Its not uncommon to have angled back rests, foot supports and rolled bond beams. There really is no limit to what is possible.

I don't like how quickly attached spas are shot down on this forum - they are 100% customizable.

I'll dig around for a picture but I built a spa for a very picky lady. I had her put on a tyvek suit and lay in the wet plaster in the spa so we could contour it to her body.

The bottom line is you can get whatever you ask and are willing to pay for.
i think the real problem is the skill and attention to detail to get it right are lacking in the industry.

Based on all the stories i see on this forum you (and PB like you) are outliers rather than the norm

*edit

pair that with the possible cost to implement and you are comparing a possible 20k plus attached gunite spa with an alternative stand alone model which can range from 5k up depending on specific features desired

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.