Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi all,
Will there be any issue of placing a 300 watt fixture in a niche that used to have a 400watt Amerlight? I can’t imagine so, but I’m hesitant for some reason. I think the niches are universal for all Amerilights.

Just the same there shouldn't be an issue placing a 500watt fixture in a 400watt Amerlight?

I imagine as long as the wiring gauge at the panel is ok, it ultimately doesn’t matter what wattage we put in?

Why is a 300w light not enough for your pool?

300 watts is plenty enough. 300 watt is fine, and frankly so is 400 or 500 watts. I just want to make sure their Amerlight fixtures are all the same physical size. I can get cheaper light fixtures from a supplier now, where they have a bunch of Amerlight returns—of varying 300 watt and 500 watt versions. Some have smashed bulbs and smashed lenses, but otherwise in good shape.

I’m needing one for my house (400 watt) and I manage property so I’ll throw a few on the company card for our fountains and pools. Thankfully all the niches are Pentair/American Product Amerlights

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.