Guess what I found in the mail today!

You could also use some silicone to seal it then take the whole thing and gently place it in the trash receptacle... replace with IntelliFlo = Very much worth it

Why do things the easy professional way when the complex DIY way provides so much more TFP content?:epds:

This is a great thread for me since I will soon have to make the decision of upgrading my single speed 2hp Hayward pump. A plug and play $400 variable speed motor seems very appealing since I can easily control the speeds with relays from my DIY controller. If I go Intelliflo I will have to do some plumbing mods and program the RS-485 controls.

@RMcGirr83 thinks @bdavis466 would rather pay for local channels than explore the glory of OTA Digital HD. :p
I actually tried an HD antenna at my house and couldn't get one chanel... not even one. No scrambled Mexican car dealership chanel, no weird chanel I've never heard of, not a single one. Since my options were limited I had no choice - we mooch off my brother's youtube TV account?

Im sure the pump will be just fine as long as the controller gets wrapped in enough duct tape

This is a great thread for me since I will soon have to make the decision of upgrading my single speed 2hp Hayward pump. A plug and play $400 variable speed motor seems very appealing since I can easily control the speeds with relays from my DIY controller. If I go Intelliflo I will have to do some plumbing mods and program the RS-485 controls.
This pump would make sense for you because you don't have the TOP OF THE LINE AUTOMATION SYSTEM designed to work seamlessly with the Intelliflo like someone else I know :poke:

I’m going to replace my IntelliFlo with a squirrel-driven, cast-iron water pump that I found used online from a site that sells equipment from the old Fukushima nuclear reactor site. I’ve also ordered these fancy cattle prods that have both digital inputs as well as Bluetooth 1.0 controls. The shock level will determine the speed of the squirrels driving the flywheel.

I think it will be an awesome upgrade ....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

A warning to the squirrels who don't work hard enough.

• Love
Reactions: JoyfulNoise

A warning to the squirrels who don't work hard enough.
No post is forgotten with this guy around

I’m going to replace my IntelliFlo with a squirrel-driven, cast-iron water pump that I found used online from a site that sells equipment from the old Fukushima nuclear reactor site. I’ve also ordered these fancy cattle prods that have both digital inputs as well as Bluetooth 1.0 controls. The shock level will determine the speed of the squirrels driving the flywheel.

I think it will be an awesome upgrade ....

I can't wait to make a Wiki page about that. I hope Leebo allows it though. :unsure:

Reactions: JamesW
Wow! It's getting deep in here. Back to real V-Green stuff...

Since it's a dry day so there's no way to dump water on the electronics (I even moved the hose way away and turned off the valve) I decided to play around with the controls. I still have the old Hayward Goldline controller for my solar bypass valve. So I spliced into the control wire that closes the bypass valve (black and red wires) then ran that signal to "Step 2" digital input and put the black on common. Before doing this I verified it was a 24vac signal. Worked like charm! Not pretty yet but it works great. Controller calls to close the solar bypass and V-Green motor speeds up to 3200 rpm. Cloud goes by and bypass opens then motor slows down to 1850... very cool!

So each time I take a new step forward I run into more questions. With controls they get geekier and geekier. I'd like to add another digital control signal from the Intellicenter to set to high speed when the gas heater is called for also. The question I have is this. Does anybody know if i can use two separate 24vac signals into the V-Green input terminal. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's OK to have separate common connections that originate from 2 different transformers? Both the Haward solar control and the Pentair Intellicenter are powered from the same power center. I know the best long term solution would be to do solar control from the Pentair Intellicenter and get rid of the Hayward and then there would only be one common to deal with but I'd just like to run with the Hayward a while longer if possible.

Chris

I’m going to replace my IntelliFlo with a squirrel-driven, cast-iron water pump

I hope not with this guy........

Wow! It's getting deep in here. Back to real V-Green stuff...

Since it's a dry day so there's no way to dump water on the electronics (I even moved the hose way away and turned off the valve) I decided to play around with the controls. I still have the old Hayward Goldline controller for my solar bypass valve. So I spliced into the control wire that closes the bypass valve (black and red wires) then ran that signal to "Step 2" digital input and put the black on common. Before doing this I verified it was a 24vac signal. Worked like charm! Not pretty yet but it works great. Controller calls to close the solar bypass and V-Green motor speeds up to 3200 rpm. Cloud goes by and bypass opens then motor slows down to 1850... very cool!

So each time I take a new step forward I run into more questions. With controls they get geekier and geekier. I'd like to add another digital control signal from the Intellicenter to set to high speed when the gas heater is called for also. The question I have is this. Does anybody know if i can use two separate 24vac signals into the V-Green input terminal. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's OK to have separate common connections that originate from 2 different transformers? Both the Haward solar control and the Pentair Intellicenter are powered from the same power center. I know the best long term solution would be to do solar control from the Pentair Intellicenter and get rid of the Hayward and then there would only be one common to deal with but I'd just like to run with the Hayward a while longer if possible.

Chris
Never cut the red wire...a couple zip ties will get that cleaned right up

Connecting two transformers together in effect shorts the generating transformer against the idle transformers winding. I don't know what the resistance of the transformer is. At a minimum it will load down the 24V and deliver a lower voltage to the pump control. Or it may short the transformer and overheat it or blow a fuse, if there is a fuse on the low voltage side.

If you want to try it first I wouls connect the two transformers together and put a voltmeter on the connection and see what voltage you get. See if you blow a fuse or overheat the operative transformer. At worse you risk the cost of a transformer and not your new drive.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.