Growing stain farm

IUsedToSail

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2020
Maryland
Be bought our house a little over a month ago; the pool is now my official hobby -

Cleaning, testing, playing with the pump, rebuilding the pump, locating supply side suction leaks, cleaning, frog removal, cleaning, more frog removal, more pump fun, cleaning, boring my wife to death with chemistry discussions (pool not personal life).

Soon after moving in I noticed a few minor stains which looked like from where leaves from some maple-ish looking bush where falling in. I wanted to murder the bushes, the wife vetoed it. We've been busying wrapping up our moving from the old house and renovating. This week I noticed the stains from the leaf sediment are getting worse, probably because the bushes have swelled to look like Seymour from "Little Shop of Horrors". I want to murder the bush even more than before (possibly a tiki torch "accidentally" tipping over). Anyway, the stains now wont brush off and I'm getting a bit annoyed. Suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

IMG_1738.JPGIMG_1739.JPG

The picture shows some sort of algae on the brick wall. I would attack that with high strength (100 ppm) bleach in a spray bottle, then power wash once it is dead. You might want to get that porous brick/mortar sealed with a clear sealant.

Dear IUsedToSail... alas, me, too. :(

With all due respect (unless you prove to yourself the stains are not bush related)... ask your wife to help you scrub off the stains next time you're both in the pool. The bush will be gone the next day. Replant with something more pool friendly (And more attractive! Sheesh. That is one ugly bush!!). And while your wife will never forgive you over the bush, she'll eventually learn to live with the new one! ;)

Disclaimer fine print: I know even less about wives than I do about pools!

It would be a shame is some chlorine got spilled on the bush,,,,,, it probably wouldn't survive.

Don‘t count on it. When I was a kid my parents had a garden and their biggest crop was okra. Which is purely disgusting. Since it was my job to weed, I can tell you that the okra survived all kids of ‘accidental‘ spills, including gasoline, bleach, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.