Grotto Construction and not being level

rcrogers1975

Sep 28, 2021
Phoenix, AZ 85086, USA
I recently had a pool built that includes a grotto waterfall. The slab foundation that they build to support the feature was not level so now the entire feature has a slight downward slant to one side. If it wasn't for the rock they used at the top to even out the flow, all of the water would would flow to one side. I was told that there is nothing they could have done to level this out and that its the nature of the type of feature that I have. I have been disputing this with the GC throughout the project and they keep giving me the same response in that this is natural in how these features are built. They said that once the pool is finished they would level out the waterflow. However it does not correct the visual nuance of it not being level. I wanted to reach out to this forum to see if they are just being lazy and lying to me or if this is in fact this an actual common occurrence with this type of water feature and that I just need to live with it.

Welcome to TFP.

Can you show us some pics of your situation?

@Rich D did a grotto I think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.