Grey Lueder - Quality or not?

CarlieS

May 1, 2021
Austin, Tx
Hello! Could someone who is familiar with Grey Lueder please help me out? We have grey lueder coping around our pool and on our retaining wall. I understand there will be color variations, but we also seem to have texture variations. Some of the pieces are uniform in color and others are very marbled with darker grey spots. The ones that have the darker grey marbled through them already seem to be eroding. They are already getting holes in them. My question is how do you know good quality lueder verses lueder that is not fabricated well and will continue to erode. Should we have them replace the marbled pieces? If you zoom in on the attachments you can see the small holes forming.

Attachments

• IMG_5147.jpeg
    IMG_5147.jpeg
    823.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5143.jpeg
    IMG_5143.jpeg
    850.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5146.jpeg
    IMG_5146.jpeg
    801.5 KB · Views: 44
Yes, I've spoken to the PB multiple times. Even asked him if these particular pieces would end up being trouble for us later and he said "no". However, I've had two different contractors tell me that they will indeed be problems and should be replaced now or under our warranty when they do become a problem. I would rather them be replaced now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.