Greetings from TN

3b0a6e4af12f0b591d29239da9acbea0.jpg

Day two of the slam process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, make sure the inline chlorinator is turned off. You don't want any chlorine pucks increasing your CYA, which is probably the reason it became high and unmanageable to begin with.

Thanks! I checked it. You are absolutely correct the previous owners did use chlorine pucks but they put them in the skimmer bucks because they didn't know how to use the inline one.

Looks like good progress! Keep testing and dosing as often as possible to stay at SLAM level during this stage. The process takes days to weeks. Yours, as you can tell, will be the latter but that is normal for clearing a swamp.

Just checking that you are running your pump 24/7, brushing daily and keeping an eye on filter pressure?

Also, as a future note, May 1 is too late to open in TN. Any water temps over 60 promote algae growth. In MD, my water temp was already 55 in early April. You won't swim yet of course, but the goal is to open before the greenies appear. Taking pool advice from neighbors is risky at best!

Looks like good progress! Keep testing and dosing as often as possible to stay at SLAM level during this stage. The process takes days to weeks. Yours, as you can tell, will be the latter but that is normal for clearing a swamp.

Just checking that you are running your pump 24/7, brushing daily and keeping an eye on filter pressure?

Also, as a future note, May 1 is too late to open in TN. Any water temps over 60 promote algae growth. In MD, my water temp was already 55 in early April. You won't swim yet of course, but the goal is to open before the greenies appear. Taking pool advice from neighbors is risky at best!

Thanks for the positive encouragement, I needed that. Taking longer than I would like but it is what it is. I am running the filter 24/7, brushing, and keeping an eye on the filter pressure. I have backwashed twice already. Filter runs at 10 psi when clean, so when it gets to 12 - 12.5 I have been backwashing it.

Should I add any DE to speed up the process? Or is it worth it at this point?

Too soon for DE. I would take that ladder out though.

It's improving! Pool Owner Patience :)
Complete noob here. My girlfriend just inherited an inground from her parents and u promised to take care of it. Will start my own thread soon...

Nehow, what is DE???

PS, I'm definitely going BBB. Let the pool store get their money elsewhere

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you say plugged up do you mean the winter plug or stopped up with some unknown something? If just a plug yeah take it out. If some unknown something........leave it for now.

Is there ANYONE that will be at the house? If not is there anyone that could stop by the house or even stay there???? Grabbing straws here.....

Kim:kim:

When you say plugged up do you mean the winter plug or stopped up with some unknown something? If just a plug yeah take it out. If some unknown something........leave it for now.

Is there ANYONE that will be at the house? If not is there anyone that could stop by the house or even stay there???? Grabbing straws here.....

Yes it's just the winter plug.

I really don't have anybody. I'm assuming they would need to continue to do the same thing I have been doing?

Lets wait on the plug just in case something goes wrong with you leaving on Friday.

Okay can you afford to do another slight drain?

I am thinking you can stuff some pucks in and open it all of the way. Yes it will add some CYA but the pucks may help at least keep you where you are now with the clearing.

Push the FC up right before you leave. IF you can sweet talk someone into coming by the house to add bleach that would be great but do what you can.

:hug:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.