Greetings from Northern California

ro345

Oct 26, 2022
Northern California
New pool owner here. Premier Pools just finished our inground pool/spa. I've never heard anyone say anything really great about their pool builder. Can't say that we are happy about our pool builder. But our pool is finished now and we are starting to enjoy our spa. The people here seem friendly and helpful.

I welcomed you in your spa thread so we're already old pals. :)

The basics : Pool Care Basics
The payoff : How Clear is TFP Clear?
The requirement : Test Kits Compared
The BFF that let's you cheat off her : PoolMath

When you get a minute, Fill out signature. Include all the pool details and model #s of the equipment. It helps us SO much when you ask a question if we can easily see your setup. Otherwise we have 5 questions about your question.

Welp old friend, read up. Take a minute to process the ABCs on the basics page, then read it again. And again. Each time some new stuff hits and registers. It's stupid easy stuff that you'll laugh about soon, but for now it's alot of process. An information overload kinda thing. Ask away at any time and we'll help fill in the blanks.

Reactions: ro345
Oh, and since your pool was just completed, where are the photos? We love photos of pools. It is also good to include a couple of pictures of the pool equipment pad. ;)

edit: Oops, forgot to say, Welcome to TFP!

Reactions: Newdude
Welcome. You summed it up so well. Our pool went in this summer with plenty of delays, challenges and extra/unexpected costs. The end result was good and a few months later the frustrating memories have already started to go away and be replaced with memories of family fun and gatherings with the pools.

I've followed Pool School articles and this forum from day 1 and it has made pool ownership a breeze. It was overwhelming at first but just take it one step at a time and everything starts to makes sense.
My biggest lesson was don't trust the pool builders for water chemistry and don't trust the pool stores as they tried to sell me significantly more chemicals than needed.