Greetings from new member / General question

pH test isn't valid with FC > ~10 so don't bother. (That's why you test and adjust that before starting).

Your equipment is fine in the water up to SLAM levels, probably even a little higher. Sounds like a reasonable schedule to me! It's "More than twice a day but less than once an hour". :)

Please understand that there is no "between 42 and 44" on the K-2006 CYA test tube. The scale is logarithmic, so half way between 40 & 50 is not 45. In your case, use 50 as the basis for all calculations or chemical additions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the logarithmic nature of the scale is taken into account by the SPACING between the values. The increasing requirement for drops of cloudy water to decrease from say 60 to 50 as opposed to 100 to 90 is a reflection of the non-linear relationship between drops added and CYA level. I'm fairly certain you can interpret a final sample water level between two given points on the scale as ROUGHLY equal gradations.

It is similar to approximating a logarithmic curve with a series of straight lines of varying slopes. So for instance, the amount of drops required to go halfway between 40 and 50 would be the same amount of drops to take you from 100 to 80 because of the spacing of the values.

And yes I favored the higher side of things. That's why I'm shooting for 20ppm FC

Please understand that there is no "between 42 and 44" on the K-2006 CYA test tube. The scale is logarithmic, so half way between 40 & 50 is not 45. In your case, use 50 as the basis for all calculations or chemical additions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.