Greetings from Clearwater

Been enjoying this site as I prepare to upgrade my pool with two Pentair VS pumps. I currently run a main SS 2.5hp pump and a second SS 1.5hp pump for my spillover spa.

4911-1-L.jpg

Looks great!

Any reason for two pumps? With automation you might be able to get away with just one. You would use valve actuators to change from cleaning to spillover to spa.

Take care.

Looks great!

Any reason for two pumps? With automation you might be able to get away with just one. You would use valve actuators to change from cleaning to spillover to spa.

Take care.

Thanks. I've wrestled with the question of two pumps. This pool is 28 years old and has always had two pumps. Not my build, but I did buy the house 25 years ago and have learned about the pool over time. I have a solar heater which we use 6 months out of the year. When the water is diverted up on the roof I lose enough pressure to the floor cleaners that they do not rotate properly if I don't run an isolated 2.5hp pump. This led me to using the 1.5hp to circulate to the spa and create the spillover. Not an elegant system, but it does work.

I'm looking forward to the installation of my VS pumps. I suspect I will be able to dial the usage back significantly on both pumps and still have effective cleaning and chlorination.

The in-floor cleaners are pump intensive. Most folks on the forum are ditching all the integrated cleaners and using robots ---

Take care.

The in-floor cleaners are pump intensive. Most folks on the forum are ditching all the integrated cleaners and using robots ---

Take care.

I wish I could ditch my in-floor system, but I'm stuck with it. Mine works fairly well when provided with enough pump power. It also makes my solar heated water mix very nicely throughout the pool. The heated water rising from the multiple in-floor returns works great.