Greeting from the Redneck Riviera, LA or the Beautiful Panhandle of FL's Gulf Coast

Pool_Idiot

Apr 11, 2016
Navarre, FL
New to the Forum and Pool Ownership. So I'll be looking for a lot of help. First, things first - need a good (comprehensive)test kit for salt water pool, if anyone has any suggestions. (When a youngster life-guarding and maintaining pools, it was a chemistry test kit. I'm sure much has changed.) Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
You can get the Cadillac test which is the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. It costs about $68 but will save you *hundreds* because it will help you avoid buying all the costly chemicals that the pool store would like you to buy.

If you become a TFPools Supporter your donation provides you with a nice discount for the test :)

Oh yeah, the Taylor K-1766 Salt test kit is also available from TFTestkits. You'll need to test your salt level occasionally.

kcindc

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 2, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Welcome to TFP... I'm originally from LA. I tell people I'm from LA all the time, lol. I grew up in Ponce de Leon which is really like being in Alabama!

I'm hoping to move back to either Navarre, Niceville or Destin once I get closer to retirement.