Greenish/brown water

May 9, 2016
Fremont/NH
This is my fourth season with my pool and I have had very good help with opening issues from trouble free pool. This year, I have an issue that may be similar to one that I have seen in the past, but may be different. I am in the SLAMing process and got the chemistry readings to the following levels:

FC - 20
CC - 0.5-1.0
CYA - 50-60
pH - 7.4-7.6

The FC level lowers at about a 1-2 ppm per day rate.

it is an above ground pool about 30’ diameter round and 50” deep. I fill it with a well but this year, I let the water that was on top of the cover stay in the pool instead of siphoning off which I have done in the past.

the water is a murky green/brown color and in the past I have found there is a large iron content. I have used a papertowel filter method by putting a wad of paper towels in the skimmer basket and changing them every few hours. The paper towels are alway an orange/brown color which to me points to iron.

Do you think there could be other issues or maybe the fact that I am still a tad above 0.5 CC would be another cause for the water not clearing up at all?

the SLAM process has been taking place for 4 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.