Tftest kits.com has them & guarantees their freshness.

Amazon also has them available from many sellers.
There are several online retailers of pool stuffs that carry Taylor reagents.

Reactions: HermanTX
Tftest kits.com has them & guarantees their freshness.

Amazon also has them available from many sellers.
There are several online retailers of pool stuffs that carry Taylor reagents.
So I tested my water and it showed 18.5. It said to put in 1.3 gallons to hit my target of 24 like the pool math said. It’s been 3.5
Hours and I rechecked and it’s only at 19.5. What is happening? Does it take that long for chlorine levels to go up? Getting frustrated I can’t reach my target. Adding the amount pool math is instructing.

So I tested my water and it showed 18.5. It said to put in 1.3 gallons to hit my target of 24 like the pool math said. It’s been 3.5
Hours and I rechecked and it’s only at 19.5. What is happening? Does it take that long for chlorine levels to go up? Getting frustrated I can’t reach my target. Adding the amount pool math is instructing.
That is not uncommon at the beginning of a slam especially if you have a swamp going on.
Algae consumes it quickly.
If you’re concerned that your liquid chlorine is weak (it degrades as ages)or you may have your pool volume wrong test 10-15 minutes after your next addition to confirm you hit your target .

After 3.5 hours the algae could be consuming your chlorine. That is why we ask to test every 3-4 hrs and bring it up to SLAM level again. You may have reached your target FC but it got consumed.

Now if you want to verify if your added amount of chlorine reached your desired target, then add it, wait 30 mins and test again. That should indicate that you reached your SLAM target. Unfortunately, PM app is just a calculator and what you input may not be actual. For example, if you input your pool volume as 10,000 gals but reality it is 11,000 gals then that can cause the desired level not to be reached. Same with % of chlorine. If you input 10% chlorine but in reality it is 8% (because it has been sitting around for several months) then that will not match your target. So if your are concerned something is a little off, then do the FC test 30 mins after addition and see how far off your data point is. You may need to adjust by adding another half gallon of LC. So just keep that in mind. It hard to be exact when you have multiple variables such as pool size, % chlorine and even minor testing errors.

At the end of the day, don’t get frustrated but go with the flow and keep testing.

Reactions: Mdragger88
My pool is finally swimmable. Thanks everyone who helped out !

Now my sand filter has sprung a leak! 😂😂. Any tips on how to repair. My husband siliconed the leak, put a rubber patch on it and used a tarp strap to tighten everything. The leak is on the seam where the raised part it. It doesn’t leak much but does trickle when the pump is running.

Can you silicone from the inside and out when it’s empty and fully dried? Any suggestions on repairing? Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_4247.jpeg
    IMG_4247.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3621.jpeg
    IMG_3621.jpeg
    758.5 KB · Views: 13
I am looking at replacing it. I was just wondering if it could be repaired. I have to keep it running until I get a new one.

Thank you for the quick response.

Also, how hard is to add another return valve on the opposite end of the pool to keep water circulating? I would imagine I could plumb pipe over there to have another jet? Any thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, how hard is to add another return valve on the opposite end of the pool to keep water circulating? I would imagine I could plumb pipe over there to have another jet? Any thoughts?
Have to post some pictures and see what the members have for ideas.

Be very careful operating that filter. Do not be any where near it. And do not leave the house with the pump running.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.