Green pool won’t go away!!

IceShadow

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
If the water isn't that expensive I would drop 1/2 the water and refill then continue to SLAM at 12ppm of chlorine, assuming the CYA is 30 after the drain and refill.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
I do not think you are accurately following the SLAM Process. But I cannot tell without following along. To help we need you to post all of your tests every time you do them during the SLAM Process and share all chemical additions. PoolMath helps log your tests and chemical additions and share them.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
If the water isn't that expensive I would drop 1/2 the water and refill then continue to SLAM at 12ppm of chlorine, assuming the CYA is 30 after the drain and refill.
@bsmom07 signature says she is on well water. I would want to know the test results and quality of that water before recommending refilling. .

bsmom07

Jun 26, 2018
Wapakoneta, OH
Last test logged was 15 days ago. That is not going to work. You need to log all tests every time.
Sorry, I thought it logged the result of the test when I logged the addition. All of the additions are a result of an FC test. Test this morning was 14.5 FC. I added 136oz 10% bleach. Tests have been holding steady around 10.5 FC. I’ll attempt a better job of logging in Pool Math

bsmom07

Jun 26, 2018
Wapakoneta, OH
Just tested after this mornings addition, FC is 26. With 3 x a day addition and testing is there an expected time I should be seeing results? I know the SLAM process says I should see improvement daily, I’m trying to get an idea as I’m clearly not doing something right. Thank you again for everyone’s help!