Green pool won’t go away!!

If the water isn't that expensive I would drop 1/2 the water and refill then continue to SLAM at 12ppm of chlorine, assuming the CYA is 30 after the drain and refill.

I do not think you are accurately following the SLAM Process. But I cannot tell without following along. To help we need you to post all of your tests every time you do them during the SLAM Process and share all chemical additions. PoolMath helps log your tests and chemical additions and share them.

If the water isn't that expensive I would drop 1/2 the water and refill then continue to SLAM at 12ppm of chlorine, assuming the CYA is 30 after the drain and refill.

@bsmom07 signature says she is on well water. I would want to know the test results and quality of that water before recommending refilling. .

I’ve been following to best of my ability. The vacuums and brushes aren’t logged and neither is my CYA and TA tests from this morning. CYA was 60, TA was 90.

Last test logged was 15 days ago. That is not going to work. You need to log all tests every time.

Last test logged was 15 days ago. That is not going to work. You need to log all tests every time.

Sorry, I thought it logged the result of the test when I logged the addition. All of the additions are a result of an FC test. Test this morning was 14.5 FC. I added 136oz 10% bleach. Tests have been holding steady around 10.5 FC. I’ll attempt a better job of logging in Pool Math

Use + - NEW LOG - TEST RESULTS

Don’t waste reagents testing pH, TA, CH during the SLAM Process. You don't need to test CYA every time either.

Test FC and CC and log them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don’t waste reagents testing pH, TA, CH during the SLAM Process. You don't need to test CYA every time either.

Test FC and CC and log them.

Reactions: bsmom07
Your SLAM target is FC = 24 with a CYA of 60. I suspect you have been playing patty-cake with this pool. FC needs to be raised to 24 AT LEAST 3 times a day.

Test your FC 15 minutes AFTER adding LC and confirm your FC is at your SLAM level of 24.

Log the test result.

Just tested after this mornings addition, FC is 26. With 3 x a day addition and testing is there an expected time I should be seeing results? I know the SLAM process says I should see improvement daily, I’m trying to get an idea as I’m clearly not doing something right. Thank you again for everyone’s help!

Some pools SLAM Process go quickly and some take weeks. Depends on the condition of your pool water which we cannot assess

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.