Green Pool now clear but still large stain?

byeloe

Jun 8, 2017
Lindsay Ontario
I started the year with a bit of a swamp, but i was able to clear the wateru after a week or so. However there is stll a large 3 ft by 1 ft stain on the bottom. I put enough CH shock in the pool last night to raise the level upto 20. This morning I was pleased to see the stain had nearly disappeared, I added more shock but now this afternoon the stain is coming back? My cya is between 30 and 40. TA 60.
Not sure if I should just add more shock now or wait until this evening?

Read the stain ientifcation process and see if putting a trichlor tablet on the stain for 2 - 3 minutes or crushed vitamin C in a sock clears the stain..

Read the stain ientifcation process and see if putting a trichlor tablet on the stain for 2 - 3 minutes or crushed vitamin C in a sock clears the stain..

I tried the puck yesterday and the stain seemed to lighten. I am pretty sure that it is organic. It was very faint this morning after putting in the shock last night. But it has come back some throughout the day today

Keep an elevated level of FC halfway between the target for your CYA and SLAM FC level and it should fade over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.