Green Pool no Algae 5 weeks : Need help please

rajpoolman

Jul 19, 2020
NJ
I opened my pool in June and initially had debris around in the bottom. But did clean and added Chlorox chlorine and algaecide to the pool in first week.
Pool testing strips continue to show no Free chlorine. Have been taking water for testing at a reputed chain Pool Store. I was told initially to add their super shock alkanility increaser(18 pounds), Ph increaser(2 pounnds). Did that , next visit after 2 days i was told to add Pool First Aid and Non Chlorinating shock (Scotch) more Ph increase another 2 pounds. Well after 5 weeks I am almost still there with little progress. Yesterday I was told probably i have copper so 1 bottle of sequencing agent . Todays test i noticed phosphate level is 700s which was at 585 yesterday. I have a 38000 gallons pool. I did have 3 litre bottle of phosfree that I though will add to the pool skimmer. I see spa became cloudy blue right after adding . Any help what should I do out of options. Pool company keeps suggesting more and more products.

Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thank you so much for quick reply. I have never used liquid chlorine, pool is almost 20 years old. I do have National Pools power Shock. Can i use that instead of liquid chlorine Or Liquid chlorine has its benefits over the shock.

I assume the power 'shock' is Cal Hypo? That is fine for the daily addition for now.
When you get your test kit and start the SLAM Process, liquid chlorine should be used. If you are near an Ocean State Job Lots, they carry liquid chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.