Green pool. Is it algae?

Calebs

Mar 30, 2019
Troup, texas
OK folks so my pool is green so ive already started slamming. But my question is, if its green does that mean algae or just nasty? Slam has been going about 48 he's so not visible results yet.
Last test results
Fc 10
CV 0.5
PH 7.4
Cya 30
Calcium 90
Ta 200 (I know way too high used the last of my acid to get it to 200)

Cloudy and green is algae.

Brush Brush Brush. Keep your FC at 12ppm. I assume you have a proper test kit (can you put what you have in your signature?). Run pump 24/7

Well I'm about ready to call it quits with this pool and just take an axe to it. Seems like nothing I do keeps it clear. It's been green three times since I opened it for the first time in March after buying the house that it came with. I've gone through 8 gals of bleach three pounds of 99% dichlor and 2 gal of acid in a week and it doesn't seem like I've made any progress. Still looks as green as it did when I started. I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I've kept the chlorine up and did my best to keep the ph and TA down before the 2 inches of rain we got spiked ph and TA back up.108465

If your CYA is correct and you have been adding chlorine multiple times per day back to the SLAM level FC, all since Sunday, the pool should not be green anymore. Cloudy, yes, not green.

Your other option is to drain at least half of this water off to remove anything that might be working against you. Then refill and SLAM that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.