Green Dust after the SLAM Proccess

Shan111

Jul 12, 2019
East Brunswick, NJ
Hi,
I am new to the website and first time house owner with a pool 16x32 23,000 Gallon water.

Since pool opening I had the alage bloom. After doing the SLAM process it's all gone. In order to clean the water I have used clarifier and then flucotant, it made the water clearer but green dust is there at the bottom. I did vaccum to watse on Sand filter. I am using Taylor Kit 2006. CC level is 0.5 and FC were around 4ppm. CYA is around 35. PH is 7.4. Overnight FC test was good too. Should I still be keeping FC level at SLAM level or I should just keep the FC at minimum level.

Right now I still see the green dust inside the pool and water is not crystal clear.

Please help Thanks.

Last edited:
There are 3 criteria for passing the SLAM process.
  1. CC at .5ppm or less
  2. Passing OCLT
  3. Clear water
If your water isn't clear, you haven't passed all 3 criteria. I'd suggest going back to SLAM level and keeping it there till you're cleared up. Also, don't use any clarifier or floc. You don't need it. Your filter will clear the water, but it may take some time. Even if the algae is dead (or mostly dead), it has to be filtered out before your water will be clear. Sand filters are known to take a little longer than other filters, but they will do it eventually. Are you running your pump 24/7? What kind of filter do you have? Have you backwashed or cleaned the filter during your SLAM? Are you brushing often? All these are factors in a successful SLAM.

If you put your pool's information in your signature it will help people to know how best to assist you. List your pool volume, type (plaster, vinyl, etc.), pump and filter information, your test model, and anything else about your pool that you know.

Welcome to the forum:wave:

Follow frogabog's advice. You never finished the SLAM. Put NOTHING in your pool from the pool store. Clarifier and floc are a waste......both of your time and your money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.