Greece in Georgia - Taking Bids

The cell is a tad small for what we like to suggest (2x pool volume). I wonder if there is a 60k gallon cell available?

Are you committed to getting the pool robot from the builder? We can recommend a dealer who might beat that price and able to provide full warranty.

It sounds absolutely stunning otherwise!!

Maddie :flower:
Good question and insight. Thank you so much. I'm getting excited too.

I think we talked about 2X. I may have just jotted down the wrong unit. As for the robot, I'm inclined to go all in with this PB as they are going to provide some bonuses. The owner is a pretty responsive guy with good vision and excellent people skills. Easy to work with.

The attached pics show some of the modifications like the beam wall behind the spa and the wider ledge.

Attachments

• InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_031_LI.jpg
    InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_031_LI.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 89
  • InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_030_LI.jpg
    InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_030_LI.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 86
  • InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_027_LI.jpg
    InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_027_LI.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 88
  • InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_026_LI.jpg
    InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_026_LI.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 101
  • InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_023_LI.jpg
    InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_023_LI.jpg
    782.8 KB · Views: 111
  • InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_022_LI.jpg
    InkedMonroe Luxury Grecian_022_LI.jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 106
It's a beautiful design. I for one appreciate the Greek Roman design lol. I will say the Roman pools dont make good on their space. The clipped corners make the pool feel smaller but yours is big overall so should be fine. One thing is the mention of alot of kids. Kids love to jump and dive. They ate happy with anything really but have you thought about doing a deeper pool? With the shelf you have a little area going 4ft across 1/3 of the pool then transition to 6ft for a hopper would be my advice. Play pool depths are popular but I cant tell you how many times I hear kids wishing pool was deeper. Regardless that's a big budget but you are in a pricey area as well

Reactions: TecHHeadDD
It's a beautiful design. I for one appreciate the Greek Roman design lol. I will say the Roman pools dont make good on their space. The clipped corners make the pool feel smaller but yours is big overall so should be fine. One thing is the mention of alot of kids. Kids love to jump and dive. They ate happy with anything really but have you thought about doing a deeper pool? With the shelf you have a little area going 4ft across 1/3 of the pool then transition to 6ft for a hopper would be my advice. Play pool depths are popular but I cant tell you how many times I hear kids wishing pool was deeper. Regardless that's a big budget but you are in a pricey area as well
LOL
Glad you like it. I'm probably gonna toss a bit at the cost, but it kinda makes the whole life trip to sixty-something worthwhile.

As to depth, s:)o there's the fork in the stream. I grew up jumping into the 10' foot section of pools. It's a blast to cannonball. Now I'm wrestling with the deep vs. the devil; don't want some child to drown in a pool too deep. 6' crossed my mind (and there's no charge), but I'm 5'10" and others are shorter. Volleyball vs. water polo? I'm hoping 5.5 is the sweet spot.

Last edited:
You might want to re think that robot. The Aquabot 650 is not very highly rated. Check out the robot section of the forum and there is a pretty good review on it.

Newbie here. Have 3 bids from PBs. This one stands head and shoulders above the water line:

18 x 42 Grecian; 3.5 x 5.5 x 4/In ground gunite/
Custom Smart Pool Package
Custom shape (Grecian style),depths and all standard features (can customize depths)
“Negative Edge” Spa Package- 8’x6’ Luxury Spa. Raised 12” and a 360 spillover into
pool. Spa to be faced with mosaic tile. Includes 6 therapy jets, and a 2 hp air blower for additional pressure in spa.
Engineered plans, all permitting and inspections **including new As-Built Survey**
Pool Layout and excavation Excavator (side yard access)
Dirt and debris to be used on site
Additional grading in rear yard included
Engineered, Steel reinforced, Shotcrete shell w/ **Lifetime Structural warranty** Electrical lines and Gas Line runs are Included

*The following equipment is actually manufactured for this national pool builder under their name. I've deleted their name and simply inserted "Hayward." All units are at or near the top of the line in the series.
Hayward Smart Pump hp filter pump and motor
Hayward Smart filter 600 Cu. Ft. cartridge w/ Microban** (bacteria inhibitor)
Hayward Smart Pure Saltwater purification system
Hayward Smart Therm 500k btu Infinity heater
Hayward Omni Logic control center with automatic freeze protection sensors and I-pad/I-phone operation with the HAYWARD app and wi-fi connectivity Wireless handheld remote control included
Robotic Pool Cleaner
Lighting: Pool- 2-LED pool light, 1-LED spa light
4 LED Accent lights set into pool and benches
POOL FEATURES AND ADD-ONS-
6”
deep Deluxe Tanning Ledge w/ umbrella sleeve
Entry steps into pool (see design)
Negative edge spa
2- 6’ long “love seat” benches on each side of spa (see design)
Bullnose Travertine Pool Coping
Travertine paver decking (see design)
2 sets of travertine steps up to “raised” deck areas
18” “Raised Beam” on pool backside. To be faced in travertine split face stone (see design)
6- stainless steel waterspouts set into raised pool wall w/ dedicated pump
3 “Water Bubbler” water features set into tanning ledge (share pump w/ waterspouts)
Pebble Plaster pool interior (*choice of regular or mini pebble and choice of standard colors*)
Mosaic Frost proof waterline tile around pool perimeter (*choice of standard level upgrade*)
#8 Copper Bonding of pool and lights, installed and inspected
Pool plumbing using schedule 40 pvc pipe, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 3 returns
Final clean-up of job site
Pole, leaf rake, brush, water chemistry test kit, pool start up and full instructions
Final Inspections per City/County Code Regulations

$108,000 before negotiations. The other 2 were $80K and $95K but nowhere near the layout or amenities and lower grade Hayward equipment.

This is in the suburbs of Atlanta Georgia. I'm a Boomer looking to enjoy the golden years with lots of grandkids and family and friends. I want a pool that allows me to swim laps but also be an enjoyable place for gatherings. I'll probably add a pergola and fire pit at some point.

So any suggestions on style, price, equipment or other things?
That house....that pool....OMG!! Need a live-in pool girl? LOL!

You might want to re think that robot. The Aquabot 650 is not very highly rated. Check out the robot section of the forum and there is a pretty good review on it.
Interesting. The Polaris 280 and the Tiger Shark were on other quotes. I'll look at the forum notes before I take out my pen. Thank you!

Interesting. The Polaris 280 and the Tiger Shark were on other quotes. I'll look at the forum notes before I take out my pen. Thank you!

The 650 looks to be the same price as the M600 which is a much better robot. If you want to save some money the S200 series are highly rated. I know you pool guy is pushing Hayward since everything else is Hayward, but get the right robot up front. You will enjoy it much better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The 650 looks to be the same price as the M600 which is a much better robot. If you want to save some money the S200 series are highly rated. I know you pool guy is pushing Hayward since everything else is Hayward, but get the right robot up front. You will enjoy it much better.
Signed today...WHeeeeee. I'll have the option on the robot. Looked at the Dolphin Premier as an alternative since top of the line is built into the contract. Will read up a bit more. Thank you all for being so generous and informative. 8-12 weeks and I'll need more chaise loungers.

I would be wary of the filter. The Microban filters sound like they have silver or copper or something embedded in them. Request plain cartridge filters. And be sure that is a VS pump.

Should be fun -----
Another vote for avoiding the Microban filters. Looking online it‘s apparent that some kind of metal is used. You don’t want that in your pool (stains).

I wondered if they were able to start today after all the rain we got last night. What a belly gusher here in Augusta!

Maddie :flower:
I was surprised too, but it was dry enough for them to dig into that red Georgia clay.

I just decided today to make it a couple of feet wider. The center span is now 18' rather than 16' wide. That makes the actual project 20' x 42' allowing more space in the Roman ends for shallow water people.

I'll have a chat with the PB about the Microban in the morning too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.