Got TF100 kit this afternoon--too late to start SLAM?

Removed stairs yesterday afternoon to find small spots of algae.
FC was 19.5 so I added per pool math which brought FC to 28 which was over my FC shock level of 24 for CYA of 60. I used measuring cup so I was surprised it was high. Does that happen sometimes? My 12% chlorine is fresh per dating on box, so maybe its stronger? Do I need to add water to bring it down or just let it drift with sunlight today? I did smell faint chlorine ad edge of pool getting sample.

This morning 7/10 readings:
FC 28 (last night 28)
CC 0.5
Pool looks clear...I'm a TFP believer!

Your liquid chlorine could be a bit stronger than advertised. Just let the organics and sun drop your FC.

The chlorine 'smell' is CC burning off via the sunlight on the pool.

Just want to chime in here and say that the participants here are top notch. I appreciate all of their expert input.

I will say this. The SLAMs that I have done, I didn't worry too much about getting the FC levels perfect. I don't really think going over is as much a concern as not getting to the threshold level.

With regards to the stairs, I too have and have not removed them. I just don the mask and snorkel and get in their real well with the brush and vac.

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.