Got Schooled by my Taylor K-2006C - Big thanks to TFP!

Opened up today !
Water temp was 54, there was a bit a algae in the top foot or so, brown thin muck at bottom, vaccumed to waste and brushed the sides for now.

NaCl 1400 ppm, added 59lbs salt. Need another 70 lbs.
FC: 2.6!!! I was pretty happy for that.
CC 0
pH purple >8
TA 30 ppm

Filtering ...

AP1GczPV9mWNwn6xa8xntRQOeYEyLB6-ZXzM6RuebMwvI7ygnI2FtmX-TtMoIdxvZPjGpLh282xsJtQ4KeetqiG1CT16_u8PjJimrrtILq1EnoUQfWFCMdSd=w2400

Salt at 2000 ppm today. Added another 40 lbs bag and brushed pool a second time.
Also ran our robot cleaner twice.

FC at 15 ppm! I haven't turned on the SWCG yet cause I know salt is too low. This is from the 2 gallons from yesterday. And to my surprise:

CyA at 50 ppm!!! Thought after 4 months, it would be zero.

Letting it filter well. Walls are pretty clean but would like to brush again this week.

Looks awesome!! I just opened today. Raining today and the next 3 days. Didn't test my water yet, waiting until Friday when its dry out.

Reactions: Oli77
One week in,

Salt 2600 ppm, needs more salt
FC 10; I turned on the chlorine generator 2-3 days ago, it seems to be working without barking at the low salt (it is reading 3000, but trust the result of my Taylor kit more).
pH 7.6
TA 40, so added ~5lbs sodium bicarb
CyA 40, so added CyA

Pretty darn happy, water is about 50 F and clean.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
One week in,

Salt 2600 ppm, needs more salt
FC 10; I turned on the chlorine generator 2-3 days ago, it seems to be working without barking at the low salt (it is reading 3000, but trust the result of my Taylor kit more).
pH 7.6
TA 40, so added ~5lbs sodium bicarb
CyA 40, so added CyA

Pretty darn happy, water is about 50 F and clean.
Go slow on the CYA don't overshoot. My SWG always reads higher than my test as well, wonder why that is?

I calibrated it wrong about 2 years ago (I was using the strip method instead of the Taylor kit).
Once I have it where I want it with the NaCl kit, I will recalibrate the SWG.

Been fighting a LOT of rain in the past week and ...

FC 10
CC 0
TA 60 added more bicarb
Salt at 2600! Added another 40 lbs bag
CyA 50, added some

Reactions: newdude
Read it in my Taylor kit book I think.

It says 60 is minimum, ideal 80-100 for a chlorine pool.

You guys tell me.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It says 60 is minimum, ideal 80-100 for a chlorine pool.
The TA of 80-100 is if you chlorinate with Tablets which are acidic. The high TA accounts for the acidity.

If you use liquid chlorine, or Salt Water Chloring Generator, a TA of 60-80 is appropriate. It will also slow your pH rise.

Reactions: Bperry
Thank you both for this nugget of information. I had not equated the sodium hypochlorite with the use of tablets.
I am using a SWCG and will thus keep TA in that range!

Reactions: PoolStored
Salt 3000ppm
FC 13.5
CC 0
TA 80
CyA 30? Dang! Added a good bit

Had a good time opening the pool with family this week.

FC 10.5
pH 7.8
CyA 40, added some

All beautiful,.

Had a scare and realized I had an air leak at the pump's basket filter. I was in need of some lube at the gasket on top of the filter housing. All good.

Had a scare
I had my own the other day when I watched my FC tank for 2 days. I mean. Alage didn't take over at 12 FC out of the blue. But until i passed the OCLT, there was still that possibility. I passed and it was low CYA. Like you said, all is beautiful now. :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Oli77
Spent an arm and a leg on a new transformer and one of those super expensive Hayward colorlogic LED.

Now that I saw the guy doing it, I can manage moving forward. But dang the $$$!

I hope alternative light choices in the LED range start coming out soon.