Got my k-2006c today. Crud results...

No that is not right are you sure that is for 3.5ppm?

Running at 100% for 24 hours it will add 6.3ppm to your pool.
If you want to add 3.5ppm, that is roughly 100% for 13.3 hours, or 56% for 24 hours

19 hours at 28% would add 1.4ppm

You’ve discovered the difference between TFP methods and pool store methods. They cannot be mixed. The pool store will not fix this. They don’t know about the methods here, nor can they be convinced to follow them.
nor do they understand anything water related besides selling you exspensive chemicals which most of the time isn't needed. As it has been said over and over, TFP is TFP.

I run it 100% and let the calculator give you the run time. After a few days check if that run time is enough to keep the water clean by skimming then that is enough, if not increase run time.

Edit: what jblizzle said. If you want a 3.5ppm I crease you have to start from 0 or put it up to 5.5 from 3.5. :)
Ok I did that and it says it needs to be at 57%.
However this doesnt seem to make a lot of sense to me. Isn't that just going to put the FC through the roof during those hours and then it will slowly drift down the hours the pump is shut off ? Having a hard time wrapping my head around this. My pump was off from 11pm last night untill 4am this morning. I took a sample at 7:30am and it was at 2fc. I just tested the FC and it's at 6.5. So I guess the only proper way to do this is to run it 24/7 so FC is always at proper levels?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is normally very little loss of FC when the sun is not on the pool and there is no usage ... that is the OCLT.

Can you list specifically the times of your latest FC tests and whether the SWG was running or not between them and the % output for a sanity check?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.