Nazareth/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
My 400K btu propane heater is 20 years old. Just waiting for it to spring a leak one of these years. It is a bit rusty inside in the burner area as well. it has also been a little finicky as of late. What is a good efficient replacement for it with the same btu capacity? Any recommendations?

Thanks for the reply. Did a little research and found some reviews. Mostly positive and then there are the horrible reviews you see with any product online so you have to sift through the noise. Overall looks very good though. One question ajw22... your sig shows you have a Pentair Mastertemp heater. Why that choice over the Raypak? Just curious.

One question ajw22... your sig shows you have a Pentair Mastertemp heater. Why that choice over the Raypak? Just curious.

It came with the house and was what my pool maintenance company that built the pool installs.

MasterTemp is a fine heater. Raypak vs. MasterTemp buy the one that you can get the best maintenance with.

OK fair enough. :)
Digging a bit further.......electronic ignition vs millvolt. Electronic = no constant running pilot light correct?
Copper HX vs Cupro Nickel HX. Cupro is more necessary in SWG applications? My pool chemistry is pretty darn good. (thanks to this site) gotta figure if the original 20 year old heater is still in there, then it can't be too bad
I also noticed that a copper HX goes up to 400K btu but the Cupro was 360K BTU max. For the Raypak anyway.

OK fair enough. :)
Digging a bit further.......electronic ignition vs millvolt. Electronic = no constant running pilot light correct?

What do you currently have? Your heater connected to electricity?

Millivolt does not need electrical connection.

Copper HX vs Cupro Nickel HX. Cupro is more necessary in SWG applications? My pool chemistry is pretty darn good. (thanks to this site) gotta figure if the original 20 year old heater is still in there, then it cane be too bad

I think there are a lot of reasons heaters die. Paying extra for Cupro may or may not payoff.

I also noticed that a copper HX goes up to 400K btu but the Cupro was 360K BTU max. For the Raypak anyway.

Cupro has different thermal efficiency. You will not see the difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.