Good deal on Dolphin E30, saved $222

Interesting that they state the "Motor Protection" spec at IP68. So, too understand that value, IP stands for "Ingress Protection" and the two digit numbers are for dust ingress and water ingress.

Dust Ingress is valued at 1 to 6, 1 being least protective and 6 being maximum dust protection .... not really an important factor for a water cleaner.

Water Ingress ranges from 1 to 9. So a value of 8 sounds pretty good. But if you look at the IP spec testing carefully, that 8 corresponds to "no water ingress at a depth of 1 meter (~ 3ft) for 30 minutes" . Certainly an admirable specification but most robots are in the pool for 2 hours at depths twice that value and are very often left in the water for 24 hours or more at that depth or deeper and the test does not have to be performed while the robot is running so there are no rotational seal leaks tested.... so, just like how automakers can tweak the test to get amazing MPG ratings, it looks like the folks at Maytronics can claim a gold star sticker for their robots even though the test is not really a fair representation of actual use ...

But they sure make it sound fancy ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Saturn94
Unfortunately I'm not impressed so far. It keeps stopping after just a few minutes, probably 20 at the most. The control box is still lit up as if it should be running. Also, I put it on my sundeck and it just kept going back and forth in the same path along the step, probably 8+ times in a row.
*Edit: Maybe I spoke too early. I just pulled it and opened the basket, and there were a ton of leaves and dirt/gunk that it picked up. Maybe it was just full? I don't know. I'll give it another chance.

Attachments

• 20220723_173701.jpg
    20220723_173701.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm not impressed so far. It keeps stopping after just a few minutes, probably 20 at the most. The control box is still lit up as if it should be running. Also, I put it on my sundeck and it just kept going back and forth in the same path along the step, probably 8+ times in a row.
*Edit: Maybe I spoke too early. I just pulled it and opened the basket, and there were a ton of leaves and dirt/gunk that it picked up. Maybe it was just full? I don't know. I'll give it another chance

KEEP us posted

Same here , cycle is super short compared with S200 and if I turn it off and on will work for a few minutes and then stops. Pool is clean tough so for now is just weird. BTW the whole unit is identical with S200 , even using same power supply.
Regarding the IP rating , for a unit working in my case at 9-10 ft depth it should be IPX nothing less than that.

I had a similar problem with my E30 last year when I got it - resetting the motor solved the problem for me.

Here's the Maytronics video on how to do that:

Reactions: look30

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had a similar problem with my E30 last year when I got it - resetting the motor solved the problem for me.

Here's the Maytronics video on how to do that:

Thanks ! I have dome the motor resetting and all good now , the E30 works just like my previous S200. So when I removed the screws the whole assembly just popped out , good sign that it was somehow under tension. Once I re aligned the motor the holes aligned nicely no tension , put the screws back and Aquaman works like a champ.

Reactions: jklocke
Just got the E30 today! I ordered it on Thursday and they processed it Monday so I assume they included Friday with their weekend. So it processed and shipped Monday and arrived today, Tuesday. I ordered standard shipping but I'm from NJ and it ships from Kearny NJ so that's probably why it only took a day. I put her in the pool and left to go out for dinner and came back and the pool was nearly completely clean. All the leaves and Crud in the deep end was totally gone. It missed one small portion of the pool but overall, I'm super impressed by it.

So when I got mine I went ahead and unscrewed the parts as that video shows and put back together (takes 3 minutes). Run 2x since, thing runs like a champ.

New pool here about 60 days since plaster, 1st time being cleaned. Both times the basket had a mix of sand and also what feels kinda like a gel... Any idea what that is? You can see it in the picture I'll attach in the bottom left20220729_110108.jpg

So when I got mine I went ahead and unscrewed the parts as that video shows and put back together (takes 3 minutes). Run 2x since, thing runs like a champ.

New pool here about 60 days since plaster, 1st time being cleaned. Both times the basket had a mix of sand and also what feels kinda like a gel... Any idea what that is? You can see it in the picture I'll attach in the bottom leftView attachment 441474
Dunno about the gel but sand is normal mainly from the walls and the dust in the air.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.