Good brand of trichlor tablets?

Beez

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2009
Dallas, TX
Background:
Bleach prices have gone up in the Dallas area due to the recent down grade to 6%. Home Depot has a product, HDX 10% Chlorinating Liquid, that I'm okay with the price on but I have already exhausted my local store's supply of freshest product. It seems odd to me that a city the size of Dallas doesn't have more options like what I have seen from others around the country, but I think we are out of luck. Therefore, I have decided to use tabs while testing regularly and especially keeping an eye on the CYA level. If it gets too high, I will transition back to bleach.

Question:
I have noticed the price of trichlor tabs differs significantly between brands. For those who have experience, is there a difference? For instance, Home Depot sells the Pool Time Max Blue brand for around $80 for a 35# bucket. Leslie's brand is $20-30 more for the same size bucket.

Sorry, I don’t buy them, so no idea.

Leslie’s doesn’t sell liquid chlorine?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beez check out Lowes Kem-Tek. It's 10% and $3.86/gal. Agree with the Pool Essentials at WalMart....another good buy. One Stop Pool Supply on Spring Creek in Plano has 4 Gallons of 12.5% for 19.99. Just some CYA-free options for ya!

Thanks for the input everyone! Especially cfherrman, jblizzle, and azide999, that's the type of info I was looking for.

I'm going to give the Leslie's tabs a try, as they are on sale this weekend. Oh, and for all the fine folks who expressed concern for my errant path to the dark side, I would like to mention that I graduated from TFP Pool School back in 2009. Armed with only a test kit and half a wit, I will dare to confront the CYA beast. I ain't skeert.

Cheers,
Beez

Reactions: asusundevil
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.