Goldline Aquaplus Error Message High Salt/Amps

Den16taz

Jun 14, 2022
Naples, FL
I just replaced my T-15 salt cell with a compatible generic cell I purchased. Install went well until I plugged it in and started the system. I keep getting a High Salt/Amp error. I took a pool sample to a local pool company and they said my salt content is 4800. I added stabilizer, alkalinity increaser and liquid chlorine. The tech said I may need a new board. I have been on You Tube and forums trying to problem solve. I was able to run a diagnostic and as you can see from the picture below.... the salt is in fact too high. What would my next step be? How do I know if I need a new board or just need the salt level to be lower before the system works again? I did check the cell configuration and it is set to T-15. I saw on a thread in this forum that you can have a short in the K1 solder point. How would I be able to check this? Any help is greatly appreciated. This is definitely out of my expertise.

Attachments

• 20220614_134804.jpg
    20220614_134804.jpg
    918 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You really need to do your own independent salt test. If the pool store is correct, then you indeed have high salt. I would not suspect a bad board.
3rd party cells may not return the correct value, but 5100 is not far from the 4800 your pool store measured.

The Hayward system doesn't like anything over 3500ppm salt. You really ought to drain some water and fill with fresh to get your salt in the proper range.

My guess is that your old cell was reading low salt a lot & you added salt to make it happy, before it stopped generating chlorine? This happens a lot. As the cells age, the estimate of salt on the system (based on volts, amps, temp at the cell) falls lower and lower. You need to test it independently to get the true value & not trust what the system tells you. The result of trusting the system is that you add salt to satisfy the low salt error & wind up actually getting too much salt in the water. Then, when the cell finally stops producing you get high salt errors on a new cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.