Gold line AQL-SS-RF Teach Wireless Not Successful

Mlamb

Oct 2, 2017
Sarasota/Fl
Been searching for the above remote and finally found one on eBay. The unit arrived and is in excellent condition both inside and out. The problem is I can’t get the “teach wireless” to work. It continues to show teach wireless not successful. I have a wireless wall unit that communicates with the base rf so I know that is not the problem. The remotes led lights when the batteries were installed and lights when any of the 12 buttons are depressed. I’ve tried the following:
1. Tried several new batteries
2. Tried programming at the base unit so distance is not the problem
3. Tried all 5 wireless channels
4. Reset the base unit
It is returnable but was wondering if I’m missing something.

@Mlamb this is a long shot, but am curious if you ever got the teach wireless to work for your remote? I am having the exact same issue with my AQL2-SS-RF spa side remote. It lost connection and I have tried two sets of batteries and even stood right next to the controller/antenna with no luck. I also did as you and tried all five channels with no luck. I know the board is working because my remote network unit teaches right away.

@Mlamb this is a long shot, but am curious if you ever got the teach wireless to work for your remote? I am having the exact same issue with my AQL2-SS-RF spa side remote. It lost connection and I have tried two sets of batteries and even stood right next to the controller/antenna with no luck. I also did as you and tried all five channels with no luck. I know the board is working because my remote network unit teaches right away.
Tcarroll2, never was able to get it working so I returned it. Fortunately, after returning it, I found another one on eBay and I was able to connect it to the base unit without any problems. Good luck.