amymeme

Jun 10, 2008
Finger Lakes, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Checking replaceables while the pool is filling. I thought I remembered a crack in the top tube sheet but it's ok. Not ok are several of the screws, some of which the tops are almost completely gone and several which are quite rusty. Wondering if people think my check valve needs replacing ( oh, please, no - did that once on another one😬😬😬). Also - condition of the diaphragm gasket which looks a bit like a ruffled petticoat though the outer rim still appears to seal right when I put the top on.

I will try to attach pics but last time " come to big for server." When I used a service to reduce size for forums, came out sideways...

Attachments

• 20220615_171611.jpg
    20220615_171611.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220615_172038.jpg
    20220615_172038.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 6
Don't know/remember. We didn't open the pool last year due to incessant rain and we needed a new liner. Which, while contracted for a year ago April, was only installed yesterday. They had the same monsoon summer we did. Pool is slowly filling as I post.

I've done it once before on another filter (which is now a spare) and, honestly, I'd rather assemble the whole thing and disassemble if I find I need a new check valve than proactively tackle the check valve before putting the filter in to service... We did have some DE in the pool which is why I was wondering but the sad state of the diaphragm gasket is enough to account for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.