Going on vacation - how to keep water from going south?

browneyedduck

Jun 18, 2021
Washington, DC
We're pool newbies and have a 12' diameter Intex frame AG pool that we got last summer. This year we upgraded to a sand filter and so far things have been going pretty well (until this week when I spotted some green algae; I'm actively treating that now and hoping to get it under control ASAP). But we're leaving town for a week soon, and I'm concerned that we're going to come back to a disaster of a pool situation. How do I keep this little pool in decent shape while we're away? We don't have anyone we can ask to come over and help maintain it while we're gone.

Thanks SO much for any advice!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: When you say algae, we immediately wonder how you are treating it? We use the SLAM Process to kill and remove algae, and to do a SLAM we require a good at-home test kit - either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. If you have one of those, please post a full set of water test results and we can give you some advice on what to do next and in preparation for your vacation. Thanks for posting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.