Going For SLAM

WilliamD

Bronze Supporter
Jun 23, 2020
Leicester, MA
Rain but no severe thunderstorms. ...so going to SLAM..Drained pool from previous downpours, vacuumed pool and changed DE. Tested Water as Follows:
FC 3.72
TCL 3.78
PH 7.3
ALK 159
CH 141
CYA 62
LSI -.1
Going for a SLAM FC of 24......3 Gal's Sodium Hypo 12 1/2% added as initial dose (Will retest in about an hour)
added pic of pre-SLAM pool
PS...Should pool cover be on or off for SLAM?
IMG_0957.jpeg

Yes Sir..that's all I have ...3 1/2 hours into slam pool turned slightly hazy white (but can still see bottom) from Initial CL dosage..I take that as a good sign that SLAM is working :)
Current readings are as follows
FC 18.12
TCL 18.66
PH 7.5
ALK 180
CH 141
CYA 50
I Need to go bump that CL up!
Attached Pic of slightly hazy pool compared to initial pic

IMG_0958.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Splash
Slam process completed; met the final 3 criteria. Posted pic below of pool after Slam this morning...Lessons learned?:....My take away was this...
1. The SLAM Process worked and not very difficult to perform.
2. Going by my first pre-slam pick....Even when you think your pool water is clear and NO signs of algae were present....there was some organic matter in my water whether algae or something else ...lurking and not visible. I was surprised to vacuum up white residue from the bottom of my pool. Slam took care of this!
3. Even though cloudy/rainy conditions I think my after result pic looks better than my pre slam pic....If it were sunny out it would probably look even more noticeable!
The first pic if you look closely can see some of the pockets of the fine white residue. Second Pic is final after brushing and vacuuming.

Attachments

• Day 2 SLAM 1.jpeg
    Day 2 SLAM 1.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Day 2 SLAM 2.jpeg
    Day 2 SLAM 2.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 2
Slam process completed; met the final 3 criteria.
Wow! That was fast. :goodjob:

full

Reactions: WilliamD
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.