Glass Tile on a Tanning Ledge

Moved from here.
My buddy has glass tile on the tanning ledge and he hasn't had any issues with it for the last 7 years he's had it. A small number of his glass tile above water have fallen off but none under water. He's got a lot of 1x1 glass tiles so nothing significant or abnormal.
Hey I am lurking here and am in AZ.
I am having a heck of a time getting people to even come out to give an estimate and some won’t even come until SEPTEMBER.

Do you have any more details on your buddy’s pool? Thinking of covering or chipping out pebble tec in the spa and replacing with 1x1 glass tile.

thinking:
Chip out
Bond coat
Set tile
Grout with underwater thinset

Last edited by a moderator:
thinking:
Chip out
Bond coat
Set tile
Grout with underwater thinset

I think you will be challenged to get a chip out smooth enough to evenly lay tiles. You may need to lay a base of hydraulic cement to smooth the surface for tile.

You set tile with thinset.

Epoxy grout is best to use.

Use Laticrete products...

This is a lot of skilled work that many contractors don't have the talent for. Best of luck finding a craftsman to do this at a reasonable price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.