Glass Tile and Calcium Build up

bnsfengineer

May 11, 2021
So Ca
I just had my pool remodel 6 months ago and we chose glass tile over ceramic. It seems as though the glass collects more buildup of calcium than what we had before and more noticeable . My salt is at ideal range and constantly watch ph but Clorine has been up and down as I'm in So. Ca. where the weather has been extremely hot. My spa is raised and has a large wall dam approx 4' tall by 10' wide so it really is noticeable on that large portion. I have taken muriatic acid diluted and was able to remove most of it but don't really want to keep applying acid to my new tile. I use Pool Perfect with NoPhos which has kept phosphates at a low level. Also the water hardness level is on the lower side. Is there any product that may aid in helping with keeping it a little more manageable or do I have to just keep brushing daily and using acid from time to time?

I have not used this but these guys are the ones I have used for installing tile.. They are really meticulous in how they do things.. I am going to be using there products when my all tile pool is done :)

Hopefully it works great.. I think 95% of it is in the prep.. It is just like detailing a car.. if the prep is not done 100% it will not work.. then the product gets a bad name...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.