Goddard, KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
HI everyone. We built our pool in November 2018 just in time for the Midwest Winter/Polar Vortex to hit us. We literally got to see our pool for about a day. Had a crash course in pool school and watched our builder shut her down and winterize it while it was sleeting. We will have a more complete pool school with him in the spring when we are ready to open it. I'm throwing myself into the learning phase of pool chemistry via TFP who came highly recommended from our friends who use the method. Both of them are engineers and they say that TFP changed everything when they adopted it. Alas, I am not an engineer and I hope that I can grasp the chemistry needed to make this all work. I have downloaded the ebook, PoolMath App, and purchased the testing kit. Here goes nothing! Can't wait for the early spring predicted by the ole Groundhog a few days ago.

Attachments

• 20181130_170118.jpg
    20181130_170118.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20181130_172828.jpg
    20181130_172828.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 13
I have downloaded the ebook, PoolMath App, and purchased the testing kit.
You've already taken the first big steps to being 100% in control of your pool. :goodjob: Remember to open as early as you can to adjust chemicals and prevent algae. Let us know if you have any questions about your pool/water care or the forum. Have a nice weekend.

Reactions: Mrs.Biggs
Mrs,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all of your new pool maintenance questions... whether you have a degree in chemistry or not... :shark:

I just about failed High School and have never had a Chemistry class... If I can do it, anybody can do it.. It really is that easy...

Thanks for the introduction.. When you are ready to start asking questions, just float on over to one of our Subject-Oriented Sub-Forums and start asking away.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mrs.Biggs
Hiya Mrs Biggs :) Welcome!

As an explanation of why Pat (Texas Splash)said to open early is that if you open the pool up before the water temps go to far above 60 degrees you lower the growth rate of algae (if any present) and take care of it. This means your pool will be up and swim ready faster when the temps get higher! Yay!

Open early and close late is the TFP motto!

Maddie :flower: