New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Im getting picky here but I had to drain and refill my pool for a liner issue last week and when i refilled the water looked pristine. Now, after having it for a few days the water doesn’t sparkle the way it dis before. I adjusted my salt, cya and added chlorine to boost while my salt system got back on board. I try to follow the trouble free pool method and don’t shock my SWG pool. I keep my chlorine around 7.5, cya is 50ish and PH is 7.4-7.5ish. How do I get that sparkle back?

Attachments

• 33ACEA6B-DA1A-428F-8082-B5D54B0A25D4.jpeg
    33ACEA6B-DA1A-428F-8082-B5D54B0A25D4.jpeg
    683.8 KB · Views: 34
FC-7
PH brought down to 7.2 from 7.6
Total alkalinity 60
CYA 55
Salt 2900

Hayward cartridge cleaned today for first time. Running pump around 13 hours a day 7am - 8pm

Maintain what you have as it should sparkle like before. You do not report CH but that would only be an issue if it was high.

CH has never been high but i will double check. Here is a pic of the difference. maybe i am being too picky? Left is today, right was from right after refill. 18635DE0-CBD2-41F2-9FFD-3F028FF10687.jpeg

OK -- dull water typically means high pH. But you are not testing that.
I assume you have your SWCG at 100%. If so, at 13 hours per day, you are creating 3.3ppm FC per day. That is right at average.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK -- dull water typically means high pH. But you are not testing that.
I assume you have your SWCG at 100%. If so, at 13 hours per day, you are creating 3.3ppm FC per day. That is right at average.
Ive been running it at 70-80%. 13 hours a day. Should I be running higher?

At 70% it is 2.3 ppm per day. That is pretty low for this time of year. Test your FC daily for awhile (preferably in the morning before your SWCG starts) to be sure you are staying at target FC for your CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.