Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
...turned fill valve. Forgot to set a reminder. Went out early this morning to see that my deck drains work great :LOL:... but while driving around for work today I got to thinking.... I may have done myself a favor... you see my CH was previously 775 or so... and I had been putting off the inevitable water exchange to bring it down.... tested this afternoon and CH is now 525. Yay! I was running pump at 1200rpm and I use a suction cleaner with pool cover on. I left valve at even split, so I believe this is what helped out the most... pulling the water from the bottom. Of course I lost salt and chem, so I'm going to go the rest of the way on CH and do a controlled exchange :LOL: today/tonight before balancing again. This time I'm going to lean more on suction and go 3450rpm on the pump... hopefully I will see quicker results in dropping CH.... and then I don't have to pull my sump pump out and all that jazz!

Just wanted to share how my stupidity worked out for me..... once anyways.... doesn't happen often!

Reactions: beautifulpool
There are those who have and those who will overfill their pool if they use a manual fill. o_O

Reactions: drummerman951
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.