Getting back into our ABG - picked the wrong time

Pleakpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2007
Pleak, Texas
We had a salt-water ABG for about 10 years. The walls rusted out and one of my daughters kicked a bulge into the wall. We decided it was time to take down.

It has been a lot longer to get a replacement up than planned.

We bought a used resin pool (metal wall). It took some time to find replacement uprights etc. We have finally assembled all of the parts, have cove and liner underlayment purchased. Site is releveled and prepped. Construction has started.

And then I went to buy a liner.........

Was looking for a 24' round 54" wall j-hook. Wanted 25 mil or greater. None of that is going to happen now.

I guess I was not paying attention to what was going on in the world. The best liner I can find so far is 20 gauge (whatever that means) overlap. 54" walls are apparently an odd size. Does anybody know of a good source for liners? I probably should have been doing this 4 months ago - but I didn't.

You may have to settle for now. Liners are super hard to come by and also crazy-priced...

Yeah - I thought about settling. But $750-900 for a 15-Mil liner. We are thinking real hard about not re-starting this year instead of massively over-paying for something that will not last.

I wonder in the fall, if the liner supply will normalize. We can build then - just won't be able to use it this summer.

Hardest part - aside from letting the kids down- will be keeping the sand pad free of weeds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.