DocEric

Aug 4, 2019
Indianapolis, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all - dumb question here, but I’m at a loss and don’t want to break anything. I was trying to raise my pH after adding Muriatic acid and found a new fountain attachment that the previous owners had never used. I unscrewed the eyeball from one of my returns and screwed in this piece to connect to the fountain.

pH adjusted just fine, but now I can’t get the Dang piece out, and it’s built such that I can’t get a pair of pliers in to unscrew it either. Any tips on how to remove a stick eyeball or other connector? Any tricks to prevent them from getting stuck in the first place? (Should I lube them somehow?)

Thanks in advance. I’ve tried for several weeks to get this Dang attachment out without luck.

579FD6D6-C7E4-44CF-8EE9-B35191E8AADE.jpeg

This is almost the identical piece I used. The ring on the right screws into the water outlet and the elbow pipe is loose. On of the small tabs broke off when I attempted to unscrew it, and with the Elbow pipe through the ring, its very hard to grasp the ring to twist or break it. I’m fine with destroying this cheap part, but I don’t want to damage my PVC inlet. 579FD6D6-C7E4-44CF-8EE9-B35191E8AADE.jpeg

can you grab the elbow piece and try to turn it while wiggling it a little? those underwater fittings can get jammed quite easily at times but they always seems to come undone with a little play (hope that makes sense...)

The elbow piece is loose which is the biggest challenge. I may try breaking that part off and using the hacksaw trick. Has anyone ever used silicone pool lube (for the o-rings) before screwing something into the eyeball outlets? I’m now a little gun shy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.