Getting a Late start.

Ok, exchanged a lot of water today. The CYA is now down to 50, so the SLAM level is at 20. It measured at 14.5 so I put two gallons in. It still looks cloudy. I'd drain the whole thing it if wasn't a vinyl liner.... I have the vacuum head and hose sucking water from the bottom of the pool, and I cleaned the filter. If this doesn't clear it up, I'm just going to have to do a OCLT and leave it cloudy. The grandkids come to visit soon, and they will need to cool off somehow. I'd say I exchanged 15-20% of the water.
It looks like this now...20230611_164328.jpg

Ok, exchanged a lot of water today
Multiple drains lose efficiency as they lose new water with the old. If you do it again, go big. (But leave a foot in the shallow end to keep the liner from shifting).

The grandkids come to visit soon, and they will need to cool off somehow
Swimmer safety dictates you need to be clear enough to locate a disabled swimmer. It appears you are still too cloudy for that.

• Love
Reactions: PoolStored
Multiple drains lose efficiency as they lose new water with the old. If you do it again, go big. (But leave a foot in the shallow end to keep the liner from shifting).

Swimmer safety dictates you need to be clear enough to locate a disabled swimmer. It appears you are still too cloudy for that.
Ok...

Reactions: Newdude
sorry guys,. I tried everything you all suggested, and after draining within a foot of the shallow side and it still looked the same, I had to use Flocculant
It just had too much dirt mixed in the water and would not clear up.
It's clear now and everything is in balance. It still is a bit cloudy, but at least it's swimmable.
20230619_092106.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.