Get IntelliPH working without InteliChlor?

ok, I was wondering if it was the GFCI detecting something. thanks for confirming.

on the technical side, how does that work with using 120v causes it to be unbalanced or it detects difference between the two 120's ?

TIA!!

d,

One leg of the 240 would have more current than the other. It would be the same as if you reached up and touched one leg and the current went through you and into the ground.. Just exactly what the GFCI is supposed to prevent.

Jim R.

Your output is going to be dependent on the condition of your pump head and the tubing that's run. The only way that you're going to know for sure is to run the pump into a measuring cup and time how long it takes to get to get a measurable quantity.

If all you're getting is a trickle it might be time to replace the pump head. How old is it and which one is it?

You're supposed to service the pump at least once a year. They sell kits for it. Older ones require you replace the entire assembly. Newer ones just the pump tube. The 1/4" tube probably needs replacing every so often, too. They sell that as well.

Directions are in the manual. That's available online if you don't have one (see page 10).

https://pentairpool.com/~/media/web...on_and_users_guide_english_spanish_french.pdf

If you meant how do you get into the tank, there are eight bolts that hold the upper half of the tank to the lower. They're hidden under black caps that pop off.

That must be the older one, as that's not what my pump looks like at all. I think you should replace the whole thing. Confirm with Pentair that the new motor and pump fit where the old one was. I can't imagine they'd have changed the tank. You'll be good to go. I'm not sure if you can change just the pump head and use the old motor. Brian? Or Pentair would know.

The motor and pump are not integrated into the interior of the tank at all. They're just bolted on to the side of it. The acid comes and goes through the two pink tubes. You don't need to be inside the tank at all. Undo the two pink tubes, and a few machine screws and it should pop right out. You're bound to have acid dripping out of something. Wear the appropriate gear. I don't go near my tank without gloves, mask and glasses. And the sound of others here snickering about my safety get up is music to my ears! ;)

This is what I have:

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 8.18.00 PM.jpg

I mean, it's full of acid. I can't get in to check that tub or just unscrew from the top and it pulls out? The fumes are strong too.

Here's a pic:
Dropbox - 20181022_152843.jpg

That's the old head and it's hammered. You might be able to get a replacement of the same style but you be way better off buying the stenner style pump head that Pentair is using now. I had that same pump head and it seemed like they only lasted about 6 months... I haven't done anything to the new one and it's probably 2 years old

This from the manual:

IMPORTANT! Replace the IntellipH pump head tube (P/N 522480) once a season (yearly). For units built before 8/2014, replace the whole pump head (P/N 521514)
every season.

Unless someone has been replacing the whole pump head with the older version every year for the last four years, that thing is at least four years old. And you can see that Pentair now suggests replacing just the inexpensive tube once a year. If you continue to replace with the older style (if you can even get one), then you gotta replace the whole thing each time.

Time to replace the pink tubes, too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This looks to be what you need. I'd call Pentair support to confirm the part number, and to determine if you can replace less than the whole assembly to get the new upgraded pump at a lower cost. Though replacing everything might be the way to go, even if there was a less expensive upgrade, as the unit you have is pretty old in pool parts years...

https://sunplay.com/products/pentair-tank-mounted-pump-522474

Or shop around for a cheaper one...

I'm getting my threads mixed up! I think it was James who wrote somewhere that he upgraded his IntellipH pump, so maybe he can help out with that info.

Did you email Pentair? I always call them and most always get very excellent, knowledgable help.

Sidebar...

This is the new corporate support model (though Pentair is better than some). Extremely long phone tech support wait times, 30, 40, 50+ minutes. Presumably to save money and drive people to online email and/or chat help. But chat's are extremely time consuming (though you do get a nifty robot to simulate a person is responding quickly at first), and emails go unanswered, for days, if ever. And candy bars used to be a nickel!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.