Gauge on filter reads zero

Yup.... if it doesn't move its all kaput. Did you by chance leave it on the filter over the winter? That will kill a gauge. The only time a gauge should read zero is when the pump is "off".

You want an oil filled gauge that only goes up to 30 so its easy to read. www.tftestkits.net has some nice ones, but you can find them all over.

Maddie :flower:

Yes it got left on all winter. Ok I will snag one from there. Install is easy?
It is not significantly more difficult than replacing a light bulb. You may need a wrench or pliers to loosen it and for the final snug, otherwise it's just unscrew the old and screw in the new. You'll also want a couple wraps of teflon tape on the threads. It probably took me about as long to type this as it will take you to do it. Pump off, by the way.

I have a trap door installed in the deck and can't see the pressure gauge from the topside. I will get the glycerin gauge for sure, but wondered about using a 90% el...I want the fitting to come out of the filter, and then attach the gauge so it's facing up toward me. Will that significantly impact the accuracy? I am more inclined to view the PSI as a relative reading versus scientific reading...

I have a trap door installed in the deck and can't see the pressure gauge from the topside. I will get the glycerin gauge for sure, but wondered about using a 90% el...I want the fitting to come out of the filter, and then attach the gauge so it's facing up toward me. Will that significantly impact the accuracy? I am more inclined to view the PSI as a relative reading versus scientific reading...
Nope. You're interested in pressure not flow. You could run a flexible hose and tie it in knots and in a matter of seconds, things would stabilize and the pressure would be right --- assuming you didn't actually crimp the hose shut.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.