Gas heater bypass - Rtn header leaking

swmasson

Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Hi Everyone,

We had extreme weather here in Houston which resulted in my Jandy LXi heater leaking from the return header, I have the part on order but my pumps are off due to the water passing through the heater… I can’t figure out if I have a bypass!

Can anyone tell from this photo if there is a way to bypass the heater so I can get the pumps running again?

[The gar heater is on the left]

Thanks

Steve

Attachments

• 91F19A33-3BD2-45D7-9FF8-DC8CE56F2B99.jpeg
    91F19A33-3BD2-45D7-9FF8-DC8CE56F2B99.jpeg
    687.4 KB · Views: 16
The circled valve may be your heater bypass. You need to look at the pipe coming out the back of it. If that pipe connects to the T between the SWG and check valve then it bypasses the heater.

Turn the valve counter clockwise as shown by the yellow line to send the flow down the bypass.

heater bypass1.jpeg

Reactions: swmasson
The circled valve may be your heater bypass. You need to look at the pipe coming out the back of it. If that pipe connects to the T between the SWG and check valve then it bypasses the heater.

Turn the valve counter clockwise as shown by the yellow line to send the flow down the bypass.

View attachment 313525
The blue label goes to the aqua pure and then to the heater, the other pipe labels heater actually goes to the pool, but that diverter valve was the correct way to bypass the heater… but the heater is making a strange noise like it’s starting up and shutting down…

thanks for the help!

steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.