CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Total Control PPC1
Builder secured the bluestone coping with mortar, but over the year the bead on the underside crumbled and the concrete/mortar mostly fell out. I am going to pull the bluestone coping off to set it in place with some construction adhesive underneath, but what do I use in this underside bead (see photo)? I am reluctant to use mortar because the original stuff just crumbled out, is there something I can use instead? Is it bad for the pool to have this gap? I.e, will I damage anything if water splashes into the gap?

Attachments

• IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    665.6 KB · Views: 74
Clean out all the loose stuff everywhere and work in sections. Tape off the stone and liner and caulk it. The bluestone wont come up easy amd theres no need to pull it. If it's already loose that's a different story altogether

Thanks @jimmythegreek! It's already lose and has a slight wobble when I step on it so I think I have to pull it and re-set it with some construction adhesive on whatever is holding it underneath, I think there's a concrete collar under the bluestone to hold it with the construction adhesive.

What caulk would I use to fill in the gaps?
Is there a grout I can use, or Caulk is the best solution here?
Should I just forget the mortar altogether and stick with caulk?

Thanks so much for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.