Frustrating Floaters in our Barefoot hot tub

McKinney

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2015
HUNTERSVILLE/NC
Hello all, I have had a heck of a time getting these floaters out of the hot tub.

Long story short we had a friend of the family watch the house over Christmas. The hot tub was used, a lot. They tried to read the directions on how to clean it and ended up using stuff. I don't know what they used. I have emptied the tub once and refilled since then because of these floaters. And they just keep showing up. I can open the lid and have nothing on the water, once done using the jets these things are just floating around everywhere. Every once in awhile I'll open the lid and there will be some groupings of them that have sunk. they are flat, slippery organic gunk. I have no idea.

I just don't understand what could still be in the pipes after a pump and refill so I thought I would come to the place with all the answers. How do we go about maybe deep cleaning a hot tub?

I have added pictures for reference, thanks!

IMG_0152.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg

Clean your hot tub with...

@Ahhsomeguy

Last edited:
Ok Update!
Here are some up-close pictures behind the jet sleeves and of the gunk on the jets. I thought Ahh-some would have cleaned this out?

After further inspection, it looks like each of these "grey soft gaskets" have build upon them. I tried to use a vinegar wash to clean them and a nylon brush but had no success. Any suggestions on these? I have removed all of the jets in the tub to get a better look at these seals?

Thanks for the help. Phase one completed.
IMG_1974.jpgIMG_1975.jpgIMG_1976.jpgIMG_1978.jpg

You can soak the removed parts in a TSP/Water solution overnight and that should remove any hidden gunk on them. You can pick up TSP at most local stores - I get mine at Lowes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.