From Blue to Green in 24 Hours..

JessieRaye

Jul 1, 2020
Prospect, TN
Hi, all! I’m new here and really struggling to understand the SLAM process.. I have a 26k gal, AG vinyl pool that went from blue to green overnight after a heavy rain.

I tested today and am at 130 alkalinity, 7.8 pH and almost 0 chlorine. I gave it a dose of muriatic acid and will test again in the morning. So, where and how do I go forward from there? Any info or directions to find that info is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols. What test kit do you have?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.