Fresh Lake water

Good morning guys.
My CYA is 40, FC is still in Slam Mode (high don’t know exact number would say 10) TA is 110 and PH is at 7.2. I’ll be gone for a week. My neighbor has strips to keep an eye on the chlorine and pH. Should I be good? Have solar cover on.
Thanks

The strips are no better than guessing. If you have to leave, have your neighbor add 5 parts per million per day of liquid chlorine. Resume when you return.

5 parts per million in 8,600 gallons is 55 oz of 10% per day. (about 1/2 gallon)

Reactions: Latinroadie
Bicarbonate buffer system in water:

{\displaystyle {\rm {CO_{2}+H_{2}O\rightleftarrows H_{2}CO_{3}\rightleftarrows HCO_{3}^{-}+H^{+}}}}

Using LeChatelier's Principle, if you remove a reagent, in this case CO2 from the equation is removed by aeration, you will drive this reversible equation in that direction. It this case to the left. That will reduce your TA and LOWER your pH. Protons (H+) are removed.

Think carbonated water. It's acidic. If you shake it, aerate it, and let the CO2 escape, it becomes less acidic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.